Thursday, June 18, 2009

Silence

I started this blog in hopes that it would be a place for dialogue and discussion about life and faith. A place where people could share their thoughts and questions in a safe and even anonymous way if they wanted to. I knew it would take awhile for people to get into it or even find out about it. So at first I wasn't too discouraged when people didn't comment.

Now, over 100 posts later, I feel like I'm talking/writing into the silence. I've heard a few people say that they read the blog, which is a bit encouraging. But the point was discussion, conversation, dialogue, questioning, wrestling with our faith together. I was hoping people would comment and enter into the discussion.

Right now I find myself wondering if this is a worth while endeavor. Is this something that is meaningful for people? Am I just rambling in the silence?

Let me know if you think I should keep this blog going or not.

3 comments:

  1. Responses aside, do you *enjoy* putting your thoughts out there for us to see?

    The answer to this question is my answer to yours.

    ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started reading the blog last night after you mentioned it at Jimmy Cone. I enjoy it, very good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a two year old and an infant, so making it to church on Sundays is difficult. I enjoy reading your blog so that I have a glimpse into the sermons. I feel connected to Calvary even though I am not in attendance. Thanks for taking the time to post!

    ReplyDelete